Friday, March 6, 2009

Galloping ahead...

When my good friend told me he was getting himself ready to prepare for the next year's marathon run - from today...I was absolutely awe struck with his commitment - or is that what I thought?

The fact was - the practice sessions were planned at one of the most famous landmarks for the rich & famous of whos'-who of Mumbai - Mahalaxmi racecourse. So what, you should be thinking ???

Guys - if you know Mahalaxmi race course, how could you not know "Gallops" the retro restaurant - serving chilled beer, while you watch the Jocks traversing on their horses to net the ovations of their prospective betters...

Suddenly I get the much needed inner motivation to stretch...I mean push myself to join the group of prospective marathoners...I do...but not before I gave near heart attacks to my loved ones - my wife nearly missed a heart beat hearing the news, my mother is of the opinion that her son would win the marathon the coming year - brining pride to India...One of my good friend seems to have taken the Mahalaxmian way...Means - he is ready to bet his entire life earnings that I couldnt continue what I have started for more than 2 weeks...

With all this in the background - one can only but be excited about life...

No comments: