Monday, March 9, 2009

On belief...

Today, I was doing some inner reading - when I managed to recall the famous quote "It's not our life events that themselves directly disturb us. It's our irrational demandingness, our shoulds, oughts, and musts that largely do the job." - by Robert H Moore's in "A Guide to Rational living".

Recollecting this statement only reinforced to me the resonance of a mans ability to decide his own destiny...

I strongly beleive my qoute (Destiny is not destined - it is "DESIGNED") shall be among the "Quotable - quotes" one day...while it is easy said than achieved, the beauty of designing ones own destiny lies in this simple fact - DO WE BELEIVE WE CAN???

What an apt statement by Albert Ellis in the same book - "People and things do not upset us. Rather, we upset ourselves by believing that they can upset us."

The question is what do we beleive???

I have always questioned, answered, argued, consolled - myself to reinforce this universal truth...its I, me, myself who is solely responsible for my being what I am today...or for that matter what I would become tomorrow....

The question is what do I beleive???

I beleive, Destiny is not destined - it is - "Designed" - Chandramoorthy

No comments: