Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcoming a new beginning...

Just returned from a long vacation...a LONG VACATION !!!

I couldnt believe myself when I was boarding from JFK back to Mumbai that I had spent 15 days doing nothing...just doing nothing !!! I did not have my mobile, neither my laptop, nor did I access my remote log in...I did nothing !!!

The 15 days were indeed wonderful nothings !!!
Blah - Blahing sweet nothings to my sweet heart...
Asked her what makes her stick on with someone like me & she says - nothing...
Doing nothing but sipping coffee with my mother in the morning when the temperature outside was Sub-zero...
Rekindling all those days I spent doing nothing but fighting with my brother when we were kids...
Playing like a kid with my Brothers kids - with nothing worrying ...
Playing with nothing but with myself...reinventing myself

I said I did nothing - right !!!

Time to turn back - do something for me to revisit the nothings !!! My return flight from O'hare was waiting...to take us to NY. We managed to spend a whole day @ the airport - once again doing nothing...

Professionaly groomed beautiful airhostesses welcomed me. A cute girl took my jacket promising to return it back when we land @ Doha (My stop over before Mumbai...). I was guided to my window seat from where I could see the world again through the enclosed space...did I say enclosed space?

Suddenly I remembered, not long before I was in my personal enclosed space - too many thoughts, too many issues running past, too many tasks needing my immediate attention...I push my automated seat don - slowly the seat stretches to become a bed...am amazed at this transformation...but suddenly I realize the nothings did transform me too - I felt stretched.

I am ready again - I know now that those nothings have given me a reason for me to do something... to go back again to the nothings next year !!!

Welcome CM - welcome to a new beginning...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Compliments of the Season to you and Family....

May the nothings bring you loads of success and happiness this year too....

Kind Regards,
Preeti Jeevan.